View the video below for a preview of the first segment of this life-changing 16-part series:
"8 to Great is the missing piece in American education today!"
- Steve Shiever, Superintendent of the Year, Oklahoma
School Districts using 8 to Great as their Social Emotional Learning ( SEL ) Program have shown immediate results including:
- Significant decrease in student bullying activity
- Improved academic achievement
- Improved graduation rates
- Fewer office referrals
- Lower drug use
- Decrease in student suicide rate
- Improved faculty morale
When 1,000 superintendents and high school principals were asked, "If you could only teach 3 things to students to help them be successful in life, which 3 things would be the most important?"
- Self Confidence / Self Respect
- Respect for Others / Compassion
- Responsibility / No Excuses
Author MK Mueller's 8 to Great life skills curriculum and video course address all of the above.
Through 8 to Great you'll discover how to:
- Create a culture of respect and responsibility
- Teach students how to handle strong emotions
- Demonstrate communication skills for candid and courageous conversations
- Foster hope and resilience through success stories and dream boards
- Give students a simple and proven decision-making formula
"This 8 to Great Video Series is a wonderful systematic approach for social emotional learning that will empower your students and staff."
- Dr. David Geurin, Principal and Lead Learner
Author MK Mueller
International trainer, award-winning author and TEDx Presenter Mary Kay, “MK” Mueller spent ten years as a high school teacher and loved her job, but at the age of 34 she found herself in a domestic violence shelter. There she learned new insights that she not only lived, but shared through her 8 to Great life skills program for adults and her middle and high school curriculum for students.
A regular presenter at national education conferences, as well as school in-services across the country, MK’s curriculum is now being taught in 18 states by over 2,500 teachers and counselors. She is also the author of Taking Care of Me: The Habits of Happiness.
"In all my years as a principal, I've
never seen a better Social Emotional
Learning program than 8 to Great."
- Suzan Morin, Alternative High School Principal
16 Student Videos | 8 Faculty Videos
StartYour Best Life Adventure (11:15)
StartYour Power Fuel Tank (13:39)
StartHigh-Way 1A: How to Determine Your Destination (17:00)
StartHigh-Way 1B: Using Your Inner GPS (9:33)
StartHigh-Way 2: The Road to Your Dream is Guaranteed (13:16)
StartHigh-Way 3A: Your Key to Freedom: BC to AD (15:06)
StartHigh-Way 3B: Life is Your Mirror (15:39)
StartHigh-Way 4: Understanding Anger and Sadness (13:46)
"8 to Great has made a tremendous difference in the decision-making skills of our students. We’ve seen students improve their grades, take new risks to achieve their dreams and find new ways to resolve conflicts as a part of this program."
- Dave Collins, High School Principal
Frequently Asked Questions
"This valuable material needs to be in the hands of every classroom teacher in the U.S. It’s that powerful!"
- Mike Davis, Superintendent